EELISA Dean of Studies
Ecole nationale supérieure de chimie de Paris - Mise en ligne : 29/10/2020
Plus de détails
Budapesti Műszaki és Gazdaságtudományi Egyetem (BME, Hungary), Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU, Germany), İstanbul Teknik Üniversitesi (ITU, Turkey), Scuola Normale Superiore (SNS, Italy), Scuola Superiore Sant’Anna (SSSA, Italy), Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM, Spain), Universitatea Politehnica din București (UPB, Romania) and three French graduate engineering schools - École des Ponts ParisTech, Mines ParisTech and Chimie ParisTech (both affiliated to Université PSL) -, together with our associate partner ENAEE (European Network for Accreditation of Engineering Education), are joining forces to build a European University alliance under the name European Engineering Learning Innovation and Science Alliance (EELISA).
EELISA has been granted the European Universities status recognition and a 5 M€ grant by the European Commission, in order to implement a common strategy regarding social impact from education from which their 180,000 students will benefit.
The Dean of Studies will be the EELISA Academic Coordinator for PSL-ChimieParisTech and coordinate all other Academic Coordinators from each partners institution, coordinating the Academic and Scientific Committee, and being the main responsible of integrating and supervising the academic offer (activities and outcomes) of EELISA.
He/She has to :
- plan and organise the educational activities within the alliance in order to facilitate the student mobility ;
- support alliance’s partners to organise joint activities :
- supporting the development of the partnership framework and outcomes (charter for automatic mutual recognition of qualification and periods abroad, EELISA credential, EELISA diploma supplement, EELISA degree);
- integrating and supervising the EELISA catalogue of activities;
- supporting and monitoring the creation and development of EELISA
- organising the adaptation of existing activities or creation of new activities
involving several partners;
- organising the coordination of education management and training in the different partner institutions;
- supervising the accreditation process for a European engineering degree;
- support the student and academic staff mobility within the alliance.
- contribute to reporting activities requested by the Erasmus+ programme
The Dean of Studies will work in close cooperation with the EELISA secretariat team located in Madrid and the Academic Coordinators in each institution, which he/she coordinates. He/She will coordinate the meetings of the Academic and Scientific Board, reporting to this body and to the EELISA Executive Director.
Required education : Master’s or doctoral degree
Required experience : at least 15-years, with relevant academic and management education experience
- Academic and pedagogical expertise (particularly in engineering)
- Knowledge of higher education in Europe
- Strong knowledge in degrees in engineering in at least one EELISA country
- Accreditation processes
- English and French. A third language is desirable.
- Teams coordination
- Knowledge and experience of engineering education in Europe
- Negotiation, dialogue
- Management of complex international projects
- Capacity to work with tight deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of applicable and appropriate strategies of conflict resolution methods
- Knowledge of how to interact, develop interpersonal relationships and work collaboratively with persons from varying backgrounds and experiences in an international environment
: within the range of University professor (Professeur des universités)
: Paris (PSL – Chimie ParisTech), trips to partners and European Commission
: Full-time, from about January 1 st 2021 to October the 31 st 2023, and possible prolongation if the alliance successfully continues
Information and applications
(CV in any format + motivation letter): firstname.lastname@example.org
Application closing date
: November 10th