Emmanuel Duflos, Dean of the EPF, is elected President of CDEFI
On 14 June 2023, at the General Meeting of the Conference of Deans of French Engineering Schools (CDEFI), Emmanuel Duflos, Dean of the EPF École d'ingénieurs and Vice-President of CDEFI between October 2017 and June 2023, was elected President. He succeeds to Jacques Fayolle, Dean of the École des Mines de Saint-Étienne, who held the position for more than four years.
Elected unanimously by the votes cast for a two-year term, Emmanuel Duflos will be accompanied by an Executive Board consisting of four vice-presidents, also elected at the General Meeting: Laure Morel, Dean of the ENSGSI, Romuald Boné, Dean of INSA Strasbourg, Cécile Delolme, Dean of the ENTPE, and Dominique Baillargeat, Dean of 3iL Ingénieurs.
The newly-elected President reiterated his strong commitment to ensuring the recognition French Engineering Schools' place and contribution to higher education, research and innovation, as well as their ability to offer solutions in order to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals.
Under Emmanuel Duflos's presidency, CDEFI will work hard to promote and defend the French Engineering School model. More precisely, the Executive Board members will strive to :
- fully integrate the Engineering degree into a European dimension;
- promote the role of French Engineering sShools as major players in Engineering education at all levels (from Bachelor to PhD);
- defend the introduction of a massive investment plan for higher education, and more specifically for the training provided by Engineering Schools;
- gain recognition for research in areas of excellence carried out by the schools' laboratories, often under joint supervision with other institutions and national research bodies, and, thanks to the Engineering Schools, reinforce France's strength in the production of knowledge and innovations for responsible engineering.
In order to achieve these objectives, the members of the Executive Board will propose a reconfiguration of the thematic commissions, the setting up of think tanks and new working methods.
CDEFI's members also renewed the membership of the Standing Committee (Board of Deans). This body, of which each member is elected or co-opted for a two-year term, comprises the following members (in alphabetical order):
- Étienne Craye, Dean of ESIGELEC ;
- Armel de la Bourdonnaye, Dean of INSA Hauts-de-France;
- Philippe Dépincé, Dean of Polytech Nantes;
- Florence Dufour, Dean of EBI;
- Jacques Fayolle, Dean of Mines Saint-Étienne;
- Jean-Philippe Goddard, Dean of the ENSCMu;
- Isabelle Gosse, Dean of Bordeaux INP - ENSMAC;
- Fabrice Guérin, Dean of Polytech Angers;
- Laurence Hafemeister, Dean of ENSEA;
- Romain Laffont, Dean of Polytech Marseille;
- Pascal Pinot, Dean of ESILV;
- Laurent Prat, Dean of Toulouse INP - ENSIACET;
- Pascal Ray, Dean of Centrale Lyon;
- François Roche-Bruyn, Dean of Institut Agro Dijon;
- Christophe Rouvrais, Dean of ESAIP;
- Pascal Vairac, Dean of SUPMICROTECH-ENSMM.
The biographies of CDEFI's new Executive Board members can be found here